Do you know how to respond when asked if your company has an "ITAR Certification
Do you know how to perform denied party screening or why you should do it?
Do you know the difference between an ITAR Registration and a CAGE code?
Have you submitted licenses to the Department of State only to be rejected?
Are you confused by references to Export Control Reform (the USML transition to the CCL) and 600/515 or 500 series?
FD Associates has over 100 years of combined expertise in all aspects of the ITAR (International Traffic in Arms Regulations) and EAR (Export Administration Regulations) licensing and compliance. We can guide your company in determining export jurisdiction and classification of your product, software, technology and the steps necessary to comply when undertaking international business activities including marketing, promoting, demonstrating, leasing or loaning export controlled hardware or software, preparing, securing and making exports against ITAR or EAR authorizations and when exporting hardware making the correct filings required by the ITAR or EAR and the Foreign Trade Regulations (FTR).
We can help you understand what “ITAR Certification” really means and what you need to have in place.
We can help you understand why and when you need to become registered with the Department of State, get your company established in the Department of State DECCS portal, prepare the company registration including the DS2032 and once registered, support your company with obtaining export licenses to fulfill your international business needs from marketing to sales.
We can help you understand if your product, software or service is regulated by the ITAR or the EAR.
We provide training and assist in the development of training for your company, which forms one element of the compliance program you will need to have as an exporter.
We can assist your company in the development of a compliance plan or manual and procedures to assist your company with compliance with the various U.S. export regulations.
We can perform an audit of your company export compliance program and provide industry best practices and convey Department of State and Department of Commerce expectations for your compliance program.
We can assist your company in matters of suspected or actual non compliance and the preparation and filing of voluntary disclosures or voluntary self-disclosures.
We can assist your company with a customs detention or seizure.
We are a one-stop resource for companies in the following areas:
- Audits and Assessments
- Licensing Services under ITAR and EAR
- Pre and Post Merger, Acquisition and Divestiture Due Diligence
- EAR Training: learn about Export Control Classification Numbers and EAR99, preparing Commodity Classifications (CCATS) for export classification, when licenses are required and licensing a deemed export.
- ITAR Training: learn about the requirements for an empowered official, registration, how export jurisdiction is determined, what is a DS4076, licensing different types of exports and so much more.
- Investigations of ITAR and EAR Compliance issues
- Voluntary Disclosures and Voluntary Self Disclosure preparation and submission
- Denied Party Screening
- Training in all areas of the ITAR and EAR so you can answer those, “are you ITAR Certified” questions.